Saturday, January 07, 2006

Sal Piacente




When they say that sometimes the strongest effects are produced with the simplest means, I can not help but agree. I guess simplicity must be the corner stone of elegant magic and believe me it is. Sometime back when I watched the performance of the ``4-5-6 Packet Trick" I was blown away ! This is an example of how REAL magic should be done.
There is a saying in Hindi and it goes like this: ``Ghar Ki Murgi Daal Barabar" and it came resounding back to me when I read ``The Three Pile Trick" in the Royal Road to Card Magic(RR).



The RR is a prized possesion and this post is just to remind you all including myself that magic after all is a performing art and its best to stick to simple methods and maximize the achievable effect with better showmanship and presentation.

No comments: